Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21)" <al...@credit-suisse.com> on 2005/10/28 15:55:59 UTC

How to find out which implementation is running

Hi

When I want to write a component that must run under more than
JSF-implementation,
I often should know (runtime not development time) which implementation
is running, in
order to use the correct base-classes.

Has somebody devised a clever method to find out which JSF-runtime is
active?
Or should we add something to enable this?

regards
Alexander

Re: How to find out which implementation is running

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Facelets has figured out this:

Here's the class to imitate.

https://facelets.dev.java.net/source/browse/facelets/src/java/com/sun/facelets/util/FacesAPI.java

It's basically checking for the existance of

Application.class.getExpressionFactory()

-Mike

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Good question.

If you devise something like this, there should also be a way to check
for the spec version of the jsf implementation running.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at