Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bocamel <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/09 19:53:47 UTC

Is Camel affected by the OpenSSL heart bleed bug?

We are using Camel (with CXF and Karaf).  Does anyone know if we should be
concerned with this new OpenSSL security bug?

Thanks!

Re: Is Camel affected by the OpenSSL heart bleed bug?

Posted by bocamel <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for the quick response!

Re: Is Camel affected by the OpenSSL heart bleed bug?

Posted by Richard Kettelerij <ri...@gmail.com>.
Camel, CXF, Karaf are all written in Java and Java has its own crypto/SSL
implementation. There's no dependency on OpenSSL in any of those
applications/frameworks.

Of course if you're running Camel/CXF/Karaf on a server that does use
OpenSSL for something else (let's say you're running Camel or CXF behind
Apache HTTPd with mod_ssl) then you may be affected by this vulnerability
since mod_ssl does use OpenSSL. But Camel, CXF, Karaf and ActiveMQ itself
don't use OpenSSL.

Kind regards,
Richard Kettelerij
http://richardlog.com