Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/20 20:51:16 UTC

[Gsoc 2009] regarding qpid-web-gui

Hi

 I guess you remember me ,because of  some academic stuff i was out of touch
with you for a while. i am really interested in qpid-web-gui as some of the
methodologies and technologies of Qpid are around me. We developed an  UI
for managing Apache Synapse - Esper mediator as one of the requirements of
our final year project [1] . We used  web services in case of accessing the
mediator backend stuff over HTTP.Upon our UI we managed processes (Load
balancing , mediator Queries , etc.) of mediator instances effectively .

    I would be glad to know whether  Qpid web -gui  is sort of similar to
what i have mentioned above.Using web service i will mange the Java broker
stuff with compatible embedded management console. Would you mind giving me
more details on this.

[1] : http://sci-flex.org/

Thanks in advance
Harsha

Re: [Gsoc 2009] regarding qpid-web-gui

Posted by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Thank you very much for your information , i m looking forward to submit a
good proposal based on those.

Thanking you

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Ján Sáreník wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:11:30AM +0000, Aidan Skinner wrote:
>
>> As Carl pointed out, there's already a web gui that uses the QMF
>> management stuff to talk to the C++ broker (I'm not sure where that
>> lives, I presume it's out of tree?). That won't work for the Java
>> broker since it doesn't implement QMF - there's another GSoC project
>> idea to add that. The existing eclipse management console and the
>> qpid-cli tool are also good places to look.
>>

> If you mean cumin, it's in Subversion repository at
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/mgmt

Well there are a few,

cumin as pointed out above, and the you can also connect via WS-DM for
use a servlet engine
on QMan to access management via QMF.

Carl.

Re: [Gsoc 2009] regarding qpid-web-gui

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hello,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:11:30AM +0000, Aidan Skinner wrote:
> As Carl pointed out, there's already a web gui that uses the QMF
> management stuff to talk to the C++ broker (I'm not sure where that
> lives, I presume it's out of tree?). That won't work for the Java
> broker since it doesn't implement QMF - there's another GSoC project
> idea to add that. The existing eclipse management console and the
> qpid-cli tool are also good places to look.

If you mean cumin, it's in Subversion repository at
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/mgmt

  Regards, Jasan
--
Red Hat Czech, MRG Quality Assurance Associate

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [Gsoc 2009] regarding qpid-web-gui

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Harsha Halgaswatta
<ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I guess you remember me ,because of  some academic stuff i was out of touch
> with you for a while. i am really interested in qpid-web-gui as some of the

Hi Harsha, glad to see you back! :)

> methodologies and technologies of Qpid are around me. We developed an  UI
> for managing Apache Synapse - Esper mediator as one of the requirements of
> our final year project [1] . We used  web services in case of accessing the
> mediator backend stuff over HTTP.Upon our UI we managed processes (Load
> balancing , mediator Queries , etc.) of mediator instances effectively .
>
>    I would be glad to know whether  Qpid web -gui  is sort of similar to
> what i have mentioned above.Using web service i will mange the Java broker
> stuff with compatible embedded management console. Would you mind giving me
> more details on this.

It definately sounds like you're on the right track.

As Carl pointed out, there's already a web gui that uses the QMF
management stuff to talk to the C++ broker (I'm not sure where that
lives, I presume it's out of tree?). That won't work for the Java
broker since it doesn't implement QMF - there's another GSoC project
idea to add that. The existing eclipse management console and the
qpid-cli tool are also good places to look.

For the Java broker I would expect it to use the JMX interface we
expose, and ideally be able to communicate with both local and remote
brokers. Having something useful that's ready out of the box would be
really helpful though.

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

great, it would also be good to look at the QMF web console.

Carl.