Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Zach Hoffman <zr...@apache.org> on 2023/04/05 15:36:06 UTC

Re: 2023-04-05 TC Working Group Agenda and Meeting Notes

consider discussing:

- Trafic Ops testsing now includes API contract tests <
https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/tree/67cf92d665/traffic_ops/testing/api_contract>,
which are written in Python. Should we have a Pylint GHA?

- Apache Infra turning of GitHub Actions from automatically running for a
project's past contributors has slowed down PR review, so we should file an
exception like <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-24200>. But
that will require first making our GHAs compliant with Infra's security
standards <https://infra.apache.org/github-actions-policy.html>.

- Google Summer of Code updates

Posted by ocket 8888 <oc...@gmail.com>.
1. Attendance
- Zach Hoffman
- Eric Holguin
- Srijeet Chatterjee
- Kurtis Michie
- Joshua Zenn
2. Trafic Ops testsing now includes API contract tests which are written in
Python. Should we have a Pylint GHA?
- Our TO client sits between 9 and 10 somewhere
- There are also typing concerns; the types used/returned by the client are
highly dynamic and difficult to type
3. Apache Infra turning of GitHub Actions from automatically running for a
project's past contributors has slowed down PR review, so we should file an
exception like. But that will require first making our GHAs compliant with
Infra's security standards.
- Seems to be affecting people more than previously expected, so should be
a higher priority
- Alpine image builder is an offender, so it'll probably need to be
disabled on PRs
- Turns out very few actions actually need GH secrets, so we may be closer
to compliance than previously thought
4. Google Summer of Code Updates
- We're getting a lot more applications recently
- Contribution deadline has passed