Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Philipp Snizek, seaan.net ag" <ps...@seaan.net> on 2005/02/17 09:05:46 UTC

mail scored 6.5 points lead to autolearn=spam

Hi

MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID,NO_REAL_NAME,RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL,RCVD_IN_SORBS,
	RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL,TW_KT,URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_SBL
autolearn=spam
	version=3.0.1

I thought the autolearn=spam is at a score of 12.
What are the reasons that it still is autolearned?

thank you
Philipp

Re: mail scored 6.5 points lead to autolearn=spam

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 03:05 AM 2/17/2005, Philipp Snizek, seaan.net ag wrote:

>MSGID_FROM_MTA_ID,NO_REAL_NAME,RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL,RCVD_IN_SORBS,
>         RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL,TW_KT,URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_SBL
>autolearn=spam
>         version=3.0.1
>
>I thought the autolearn=spam is at a score of 12.
>What are the reasons that it still is autolearned?

RCVD_IN_SORBS -- hmm, that's an odd hit.. There's no rule named that in SA
3 that I can see... only __RCVD_IN_SORBS which should be a no-show.. Can
you check your rule files and see what's up? Any chance you've got the 2.6x
rules with the 3.0x code?

I can point out that looking at the message score is almost completely
irrelevant to the autolearner's behavior...

Remember, SA does not autolearn based on the message score.. it calculates
the score the message would have gotten if bayes were disabled. Disabling
bayes doesn't just eliminate the BAYES_50, it also changes the score of
every rule involved.

Thus you need to re-calculate the score using score set 1 (the four scores
in the score line are set0, set1, set2, and set3. In terms of bayes and
network checks 0=neither, 1=net only, 2=bayes only, 3=both.)

Switching to a different score set can cause *huge* differences.. I've seen
10 point differences.

Since I'm concerned your rules are corrupted, I don't know what your scores
are.. clearly something's not right as RCVD_IN_SORBS doesn't exist. Adding
up the other rules I get a score of 5.532 for set3, clearly this is not the
message score you got...

I can add up the set1 scores and get 6.622, but that's not useful as I
don't know what RCVD_IN_SORBS is doing matching, and the set3 score isn't
correct. Clearly you've got scores that don't match the ones I'm working with.