Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dripping <wi...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/06 11:01:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Documentation for MD5 on the site

There was instructions on PGP file verification, but none on MD5 hash
check, even though it was listed as an alternative.   How do I get the
hash, whatever this is, from the server for MD5.  I have managed to
use the command line to get it to display a hash using MD5.exe.

Re: [users@httpd] Documentation for MD5 on the site

Posted by Eike Frost <ei...@kefro.st>.
Hello,

On Sunday 06 August 2006 11:01, Dripping wrote:
> There was instructions on PGP file verification, but none on MD5 hash
> check, even though it was listed as an alternative.   How do I get the
> hash, whatever this is, from the server for MD5.  I have managed to
> use the command line to get it to display a hash using MD5.exe.

Have a look at http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi ... Next to each download
link, you will find a "[MD5]" link (for instance,
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/httpd-2.2.3.tar.gz.md5 for
httpd-2.2.3.tar.gz). Contained within the linked file is the MD5 checksum.

The output of your MD5 checksum program for httpd-2.2.3.tar.gz should match
that file (in this case the file contains
f72ffb176e2dc7b322be16508c09f63c  httpd-2.2.3.tar.gz
so the checksum is f72ffb176e2dc7b322be16508c09f63c).

--Eike