Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr> on 2005/08/10 15:11:13 UTC

Re: How to find things to contribute

Ross Gardler a écrit :

> Gav.... wrote:
>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ross Gardler" <rg...@apache.org>

>> Keep it up I will, although volunteers can work on any aspect of the
>> project,
>> those that have turned into committers have done so by finding a
>> niche area
>> to concentrate on, this is good for the benefit of the project, in
>> effect, creating
>> their own role.
>

> No, that is not at all true. There is no need to find a "niche",
> simply contribute to whatever part of Forrest interests you and you
> have the skills to work on.

I think that was exactly what meant Gav... your simple contribution on
whatever part of forrest is the "niche" Gav... is looking for !

Gav... I have been sending patches to forrest project for around 6
months. I always sent patches where I had problem - and seemed to be the
only one to have these problems...
I think it's a good "niche" : I am currently a forrest user with my own
site - and since we always find new things to add to our site, we always
find new issues to correct or new features to implement !

(BTW : don't forget to search in Jira to find if the problem you have
created a patch for is not already declared before to create a new issue...)

Send a patch to Jira is strange the first time ;-) , but it's a real
pleasure to see that your patch had been applied and that some people
thank you for your contribution.

Salutations,
Cyriaque,