Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by RA Stehmann <an...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de> on 2016/08/23 07:28:17 UTC

FrOSCon 2016

Hello,

Free Software is the topic of FrOSCon (Free and Open Source Software
Conference). This year on 20th and 21st August 2016 the computer science
department of the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, in
St.Augustin, near Bonn, the former capital of the Federal Republic of
Germany, supported by the "Linux/Unix User Group Sankt Augustin" (LUUSA)
and FrOSCon e.V.  organized a good and interesting program with talks
and workshops for visitors of all ages. The event was topped off with a
fair of booths from FLOSS projects and companies. The social event,
celebrated at Saturday night, offered the opportunity to exchange
opinions with other visitors, speakers or volunteers. FrOSCon is one of
the three largest and most important events of its kind in Germany.

Apache OpenOffice had a booth at FrOSCon 2016. Our experienced and "well
networked" booth team exhibited Apache OpenOffice and the ASF to
visitors, speakers, volunteersand and other exhibitors.

Our booth was amongst other things decorated with a roll up display
showing the new ASF logo and we distributed amongst other things
stickers with the new ASF logo and little stickes with the new feather,
which were in demand.

On our booth computer we could present the version 4.1.2 with the new
patch and a nightly build of the 4.2. to the public.

Our booth "hosted" also a friend from the LibreOffice project, so
visitors could get authentic advice for both products. Also a member of
the Board of Directors of "The Document Foundation" visit our booth a
few times to talk with us.

We also had the opportunity to talk with an ASF member.

The next events with an Apache OpenOffice booth in the region will be
the OpenRheinRuhr in Oberhausen, Germany, and T-Dose, Eindhoven, The
Netherlands, both in November.

Kind regards
Michael

Re: FrOSCon 2016

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 08/23/2016 12:28 AM, RA Stehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Free Software is the topic of FrOSCon (Free and Open Source Software
> Conference). This year on 20th and 21st August 2016 the computer science
> department of the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, in
> St.Augustin, near Bonn, the former capital of the Federal Republic of
> Germany, supported by the "Linux/Unix User Group Sankt Augustin" (LUUSA)
> and FrOSCon e.V.  organized a good and interesting program with talks
> and workshops for visitors of all ages. The event was topped off with a
> fair of booths from FLOSS projects and companies. The social event,
> celebrated at Saturday night, offered the opportunity to exchange
> opinions with other visitors, speakers or volunteers. FrOSCon is one of
> the three largest and most important events of its kind in Germany.
>
> Apache OpenOffice had a booth at FrOSCon 2016. Our experienced and "well
> networked" booth team exhibited Apache OpenOffice and the ASF to
> visitors, speakers, volunteersand and other exhibitors.
>
> Our booth was amongst other things decorated with a roll up display
> showing the new ASF logo and we distributed amongst other things
> stickers with the new ASF logo and little stickes with the new feather,
> which were in demand.
>
> On our booth computer we could present the version 4.1.2 with the new
> patch and a nightly build of the 4.2. to the public.
>
> Our booth "hosted" also a friend from the LibreOffice project, so
> visitors could get authentic advice for both products. Also a member of
> the Board of Directors of "The Document Foundation" visit our booth a
> few times to talk with us.
>
> We also had the opportunity to talk with an ASF member.
>
> The next events with an Apache OpenOffice booth in the region will be
> the OpenRheinRuhr in Oberhausen, Germany, and T-Dose, Eindhoven, The
> Netherlands, both in November.
>
> Kind regards
> Michael

Thank you for this report and your ongoing participation at events!  We
really appreciate this!