Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/01/24 23:03:04 UTC

some issues with uima-as 2.3.1 rc1

1) I'm labeling the first try of this "rc1".  You can get the svn tag for this
under revision 1060074.

2) This tag was deleted because it was incorrectly named without the "rc1" (or
equivalent suffix). It should have been renamed, rather than deleted, for easier
access while we're testing :-) - for next time...

3) I compared this tag with the source distribution and found 2 - 3 differences:

3a) The top level and uima-as "README" files were different.  The one in SVN is
correct, but the one in the distr candidated on people.a.o/~cwiklik has an
older, incorrect version of this file.  I don't know how that happened, other
than guessing that perhaps the wrong artifact was uploaded to people.a.o.

3b) The Manifests in various eclipse / osgi modules (built with the
maven-bundle-plugin) differ in two probably unimportant ways
3b1) there is a built-by entry, in the svn checkout it says ...java 1.5 ...,
while in the rc1 it says ...java 1.6...  And, the order of the manifest entries
is different.  I don't think either of these matters.

3c) The svn checkout includes a .project file not included in the rc1 source.
In this case, the .project file (for uima-as-docbooks) has be erroneously
checked into SVN (it is a generated file).  So I'll remove it shortly.

For 3a), I think this will go away with rc2.  I've failed to reproduce it by
trying the build again.

-Marshall