Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2005/01/03 20:29:24 UTC

Re: Building javahl bindings for Subversion 1.1.1

--On Thursday, December 30, 2004 11:36 AM +0100 Henning Schmiedehausen
<hp...@intermeta.de> wrote:

> Is this an oversight in subversion-1.1.1 or did I just do something
> plain wrong and this patch plasters over the effects? I'm using Fedora
> Core 3 with the subversion-1.1.1-1.1.src.rpm from the Updates. I've
> attached my patch and the SPEC file to build.

It's an oversight: none of the libraries that libjavahl declared a
dependency on was connected to libsvn_repos.  All of the C binaries
(svnadmin, svnlook) also have libsvn_repos declared explicitly as a
dependency.

I've committed a fix in r12576 and will nominate for 1.1.3.  I have no clue
when 1.1.3 would be released though.

As for the RPM, I have no idea about that and will leave that for the RPM
maintainers.  You may wish to file an Issuezilla issue on that so it
doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks!  -- justin

Re: Building javahl bindings for Subversion 1.1.1

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Hi,

RedHat (Fedora) does not ship subversion-javahl binaries as part of the
distribution, because "they don't have a free tool chain to build it".
(Gee, they start to become as political as Debian :-P) That is why I had
to build it myself.

Thanks for the nomination to 1.1.3 inclusion.

	Regards
		Henning

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 12:29 -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Thursday, December 30, 2004 11:36 AM +0100 Henning Schmiedehausen
> <hp...@intermeta.de> wrote:
>
> > Is this an oversight in subversion-1.1.1 or did I just do something
> > plain wrong and this patch plasters over the effects? I'm using Fedora
> > Core 3 with the subversion-1.1.1-1.1.src.rpm from the Updates. I've
> > attached my patch and the SPEC file to build.
>
> It's an oversight: none of the libraries that libjavahl declared a
> dependency on was connected to libsvn_repos.  All of the C binaries
> (svnadmin, svnlook) also have libsvn_repos declared explicitly as a
> dependency.
>
> I've committed a fix in r12576 and will nominate for 1.1.3.  I have no clue
> when 1.1.3 would be released though.
>
> As for the RPM, I have no idea about that and will leave that for the RPM
> maintainers.  You may wish to file an Issuezilla issue on that so it
> doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
>
> Thanks!  -- justin

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

What is more important to you...
   [ ] Product Security