Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ji...@gmail.com on 2008/09/20 18:50:56 UTC

[maven-pmd-plugin] Customizing generated report

Greetings,

I don't see any way for me to customize the generated PMD report to my
needs. Specifically, I think it would be quite helpful to me and my
project developers to have clickable rules which would launch to the
official PMD documentation for the rule which is being reported. I
believe that PMD itself can create reports this way, I'm a bit stunned
no one else has requested this before... (perhaps my searching of both
the archive and JIRA is deficient, however).

Perhaps I should just open a new JIRA for this? Thanks in advance,
-jieryn

Re: [maven-pmd-plugin] Customizing generated report

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,

I guess you already looked at the page of the plugin :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pmd-plugin/
If what you ask isn't present, then yes, you should file a JIRA for this.

But as always, if you really need this additional feature, you should attach
the patch. Generally customizing a single report isn't too complicated.

Cheers.

2008/9/20 <ji...@gmail.com>

> Greetings,
>
> I don't see any way for me to customize the generated PMD report to my
> needs. Specifically, I think it would be quite helpful to me and my
> project developers to have clickable rules which would launch to the
> official PMD documentation for the rule which is being reported. I
> believe that PMD itself can create reports this way, I'm a bit stunned
> no one else has requested this before... (perhaps my searching of both
> the archive and JIRA is deficient, however).
>
> Perhaps I should just open a new JIRA for this? Thanks in advance,
> -jieryn
>
> --
> There are 10 types of people in this world, those
> that can read binary and those that can not.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !