Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Нарт Лӏыша <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/22 08:29:28 UTC

Export po files from a discontinued OpenOffice's Language pack (Abkhazian language)

Hello
I have Openoffice v2.3 in Abkhazian, how can I have access to all the
translated strings?
Afterwards, I could use all this translated text to localize Apache
OpenOffice.
--
Best Regards,
*Nart.*

<https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-abzakh-b3a671123>

Re: Export po files from a discontinued OpenOffice's Language pack (Abkhazian language)

Posted by Нарт Лӏыша <da...@gmail.com>.
Dear Matthias,

> I see a lot of RES files, but don't know if strings can be extracted
> from them. Still investigating...

Any news on this front?
Regards,
Nart.

--
Best Regards,
*Daniel Abzakh.*

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Нарт Лӏыша <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello Matthias, Mechtilde,

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello

> Am 22.06.21 um 10:29 schrieb Нарт Лӏыша:
>> Hello
>> I have Openoffice v2.3 in Abkhazian, how can I have access to all the
>> translated strings?
>
> Interesting question! This is Abkhazian (ab)?
>
> But I doubt that the strings from OOo 2.3 are really helpful for the
> current translation. I never thought about extracting them from a binary.

Or do you have the sources like an *.sdf file?

>> Afterwards, I could use all this translated text to localize Apache
>> OpenOffice.
>
> To be able to translate Apache OpenOffice, we need to add the language
> to our Pootle server:
>
> https://translate.apache.org/projects/
>
> The UI has about 90,000 words. If you are willing to start on that feel
> free to ask here.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

Regards