Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stefan Traud <st...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/28 11:57:59 UTC

[AXIS2]: axiom jars not found when moving from axis2-1.6.1 to axis2-1.6.2

When moving a client application from axis2-1.6.1 to axis2-1.6.2, I get the following exception:

org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: No meta factory found for feature 'default'; this usually means that axiom-impl.jar is not in the classpath

All I did for the migration is replacing the axis2 jars with those from axis2-1.6.2 and adjusting the classpath.
axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar, axiom-api-1.2.13.jar and axiom-dom-1.2.13.jar are in the classpath.

When running the client within eclipse-IDE, it works and nothing is being missed. When trying to run the client standalone, the above exception is thrown.

I found that others also had similar trouble, but could not find a workaround to resolve this. Just renaming the jars is not sufficient.

Thanks for any help
--stefan

Re: [AXIS2]: axiom jars not found when moving from axis2-1.6.1 to axis2-1.6.2

Posted by Stefan Traud <st...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Andreas!
I copied the META-INF/axiom.xml from axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar to the META-INF of the built client app and it works now.
Looks like the axiom.xml was actually not found, despite present in axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar.

--stefan

The code that triggers this error looks for resources called
"META-INF/axiom.xml" in the classpath. The message indicates that for
some reason, it can't find the one included in axiom-impl-x.y.z.jar.
You need to check why in your particular case, the class loader
wouldn't find that resource.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.