Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonne Zutt <j....@ewi.tudelft.nl> on 2004/03/01 11:45:39 UTC

[users@httpd] clueless

Dear apache users,

I have a very weird problem and have no clue where things are going
wrong with my configuration. It would be nice if someone could suggest
me a test I can do to figure out what's going wrong.

My computer contains the following software:
- Fedora Core 1
- httpd-2.0.48-1.2

I made minimal changes to the provided httpd.conf

The problem is that after a while, clients get stuck loading images for
ever (example url: http://dutiih.twi.tudelft.nl/usage/).
I both heard parts of the site didn't work anymore and nothing seems to
work anymore.
The weird thing is, I can repair the problem as follows:

- mv htmldir htmldir.bak
- cp -R htmldir.bak htmldir

Then everything works again (for a while)

- find htmldir -exec touch '{}' ';'
does *not* solve the problem, however...

- service restart httpd
- service restart network
also do *not* solve the problem.

lsof doesn't report any open files in htmldir.

Rebooting my computer seems to work, though I've had it once
that did not work.

I have a network connection at all times (but there might be something
wrong here...).

I cannot find any error message in any of the logfiles,
even with LogLevel debug.
Well, ok, only this one (but I'm not using ssl and the site does work
for a while, so I thought it has nothing to do with it).
[Mon Mar 01 11:21:06 2004] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`localhost.localdomain' does NOT match server name!?

Someone suggested me to downgrade httpd 2.0 to 1.something but I prefer
to figure out the cause of the problem.

Does anyone have a good idea?
Jonne.