Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> on 2015/11/13 00:42:45 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Committer and PMC member: Hans Zeller

Hi,

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for incubating Apache Trafodion has
asked Hans Zeller to become a committer and PMC member. We are pleased to
announce that he has accepted.

Hans has made many contributions to Trafodion since it entered incubation a
few months ago, including several pull requests, reporting many JIRA issues
and closing/resolving several others. He has also been extraordinarily
active on the e-mail lists with well over 100 to issues, dev and
codereview. His code review comments in particular are thoughtful and
incisive. He has contributed pages to the Trafodion wiki as well.

Hans is quite knowledgeable about Trafodion; he is an expert on the
Trafodion optimizer. One of his notable contributions since incubation is
support for table-mapping user-defined functions; these are functions that
take a table as input and produce a table as output. As such, they are a
generalization of MapReduce, allowing one to access user-written code from
a SQL query in a modular fashion.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project, allowing Hans
to commit changes directly, and to commit the changes of others. Being a
PMC member too allows Hans to assist with the management and direction of
the project.

Please welcome me in congratulating Hans.

Dave