Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com> on 2017/04/27 13:54:52 UTC

Prepopulate dynamic properties in custom processor?

Is there a way to prepopulate dynamic properties in a custom processor?

I'm writing a new processor and my users could benefit from some
suggested, in most cases it would be spot-on, configuration. Being able
to prepopulate dynamic properties that could be amended or deleted seems
the best way. Incidentally, the configuration I'm talking about was to
have been done via dynamic properties anyway.

Yes, I could resort to additional details, but my guys are in a hurry
when they use this, so cutting and pasting doesn't seem like the best
help I could give if it's possible to do what I'm asking.

Thanks,

Russ

Re: Prepopulate dynamic properties in custom processor?

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.
Okay, that's a compromise that, in my precise case, wouldn't work badly
at all though I think pre-creating optional properties might find an
application. But, my idea might also be the "camel's nose under the
tent" in other ways and make a muck of the interface. Thank you for this
suggestion!

Russ

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Russ,