Posted to user@spark.apache.org by jimitkr <ji...@softpath.net> on 2017/02/02 21:34:08 UTC

Spark: Scala Shell Very Slow (Unresponsive)

Friends,

After i launch spark-shell, the default Scala shell appears but is
unresponsive.

When i type any command on the shell, nothing appears on my screen ....
shell is completely unresponsive.

My server has 32 gigs of memory and approx 18 GB is empty after launching
spark-shell, so it may not be a memory issue. Is there some JVM size i need
to change somewhere?

How do i get the scala shell to work as designed?

Re: Spark: Scala Shell Very Slow (Unresponsive)

Posted by Irving Duran <ir...@gmail.com>.
I only experience this on the first time that I install a new spark
version.  Then after that, it flows smoothly.  My question is (since you
say your server), I assume that you are connecting remotely, so do you
experience the same latency when invoking remote commands?  If so, then it
might be your connection rather than spark.

Thank You,

Irving Duran