Posted to user@roller.apache.org by James Scott <ja...@vt.edu> on 2014/03/11 20:22:18 UTC

Atom PP Categories

Hi, I'm trying to use Roller as a sort of publishing service for other
applications, with blog posts published via Atom Publishing Protocol. It
seems that Roller can't or doesn't handle category information correctly; I
see a place to reset the default category for posts published via APP, but
no way to set the category automatically based on the post.

Is this something that can be done in Roller?

Re: Atom PP Categories

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
You can remove yourself from this mailing list by sending an empty email to
this address:

- Dave

RE: Atom PP Categories

Okay, that should help considerably. My main stumbling block is what this
bit of code does, exactly:

RollerAtomService.getWeblogCategoryScheme(rollerEntry.getWebsite())

For example, if I have a blog named (& titled) 'foo' , and am testing this
locally, will it return something like "http://localhost:8080/roller/foo" ?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You should be able to set categories publish time and other things via APP.
>
> Here's the code that processes incoming Atom entries:
>
> https://github.com/apache/roller/blob/trunk/app/src/main/java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/webservices/atomprotocol/EntryCollection.java#L393
>
> - Dave
>

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:05 AM, James Scott <ja...@vt.edu> wrote:
>
> > No - I'm not publishing a blog via the entry edit page, but rather via
> Atom
> > Publishing Protocol. I'm using rome-propono to publish each entry. It is
> > requirement of the project that no human hands be needed for each entry -
> > the individual entries are going to be generated automatically by another
> > project.
> >
> > I'd also really like to be able to customize the links, publish dates,
> etc,
> > but it's not essential and as far as I can tell it can't be done.
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > When you publish a blog entry, you get to choose its category on the
> > entry
> > > edit page -- isn't that all you need?
> > >
> > > It seems to work for me:
> > > https://web-gmazza.rhcloud.com/blog/feed/entries/atom?cat=Java for the
> > > article at http://web-gmazza.rhcloud.com/blog/.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Glen

> It
> > correctly;
> > but

This message and any attached documents are only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, retransmission, or other disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and then delete the original message. Thank you.

Re: Atom PP Categories

Posted by James Scott <ja...@vt.edu>.
Issue resolved.

Today I spent several hours learning the difference between "
http://localhost:8080/roller/blog" and "http://localhost:8080/roller/blog/"
.

It's always the last thing you expect, for some reason.

Re: Atom PP Categories

Posted by James Scott <ja...@vt.edu>.

RE: Atom PP Categories

Re: Atom PP Categories