Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tim Terry <ti...@jamesvillas.co.uk> on 2013/08/15 11:32:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache mod_cache_disk issue on windows

Hi,

  I'm running apache on windows 2008 r2 and I'm seeing that some file handles are being left open when using mod_cache_disk for some content. The I've configured apache to cache all images locally as in my environment they reside on a network share.  This issue occurs after a number of days and the symptoms can be seen in process explorer, where the .data file handles are still held open by the apache process. Also in the apache server status shows 'W' next to the requests for images where the file handles remain open. Although strangely the server status shows '0' as the time taken to process the request. No errors are reported in the server log.

I've tried versions 2.4.5, 2.4.4, 2.4.3 and can see the same issue. Has anyone come across a similar issue on windows when using mod_disk_cache/cache_disk before I raise an issue in bugzilla?

Regards,

Tim

Server version:
Server Version: Apache/2.4.6 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1e mod_jk/1.2.37
Server MPM: WinNT
Apache Lounge VC11 Server Built: Jul 15 2013 20:13:45

Mod disk cache config:
CacheDirLength 1
CacheDirLevels 2
CacheMinFileSize 1
CacheMaxFileSize 100000
CacheEnable disk /images
CacheRoot c:/apacheCache
CacheLock on
CacheLockPath c:/apacheCacheLocks
CacheIgnoreURLSessionIdentifiers jsessionid id cid
CacheDefaultExpire 1800