Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by John Rippetoe <jr...@roboticresearch.com> on 2021/03/04 20:49:19 UTC

Re: CANFD on ST32H7

The fact that I have not done this yet has been haunting me for months.
I think I sorted out the issues in the meantime and am trying to find
time to at least rebase my changes on master and get a draft PR up for
people to get eyes on.

Sorry for the delay.

- John

On 12/29/20 4:37 PM, John Rippetoe wrote:
> Those are both good ideas; thanks for the pointer. My driver is
> currently based on NuttX 8.2, so I need to rebase and clean some stuff
> up, but once I do that I will get a PR started.
>
> - John
>
> On 12/28/20 11:05 AM, Nathan Hartman wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 10:40 AM John Rippetoe
>> <jr...@roboticresearch.com> wrote:
>>> I have actually implemented the FDCAN driver for the H7, but have
>>> yet to
>>> submit a pull request because of a lingering bug I haven't had the time
>>> to sort out. I could clean up my code and push it to personal repo if
>>> you wanted to play around with it.
>> Maybe put a REVISIT comment that describes the bug, place it in the
>> code as near to where you believe the bug is as possible, and go ahead
>> and submit a PR and mark it as a draft. Perhaps as part of the review
>> process the cause of the bug will be discovered.
>>
>> As an additional possibility, require EXPERIMENTAL to build the code
>> until the bug is solved.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nathan
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication may contain private, confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently.

Re: CANFD on ST32H7

Posted by John Rippetoe <jr...@roboticresearch.com>.
pr is up

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/2987