Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Swapnonil Mukherjee <Sw...@gettyimages.com> on 2010/11/18 07:38:53 UTC

Does edismax support wildcard queries?

Hi Everybody,

We have started to the use the dismax query handler but one serious limitation of it is that it does not support wild card queries? I think I have 2 ways to overcome this problem

1. Apply some old patches to the dismax parser itself from here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-756
2. Or start using the Solr trunk which will allow me to switch to edismax. I am specially hopeful of moving to solr trunk and using edismax as I believe this well help me support fuzzy search in future as well.

So my question is does edismax support wildcard queries? I could not understand by looking at the source code though.

Thanks
Swapnonil Mukherjee

Re: Does edismax support wildcard queries?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Well, the claim is that eDismax supports "full Lucene syntax", so I
assume so.

Here's the JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1553
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1553>which indicates that you
have two choices: Trunk or the 3.x build, see
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/

<https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/>Best
Erick