Posted to dev@inlong.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/08 23:24:26 UTC

Apache Events promotion

Hi,

I just checked the website of inLong and it doesn't show events of Apache.
You can take a look at the website of https://servicecomb.apache.org/,
we just put the ApacheCon related event into the footer.
Please check the PR[1] for more details.

[1]https://github.com/apache/servicecomb-website/commit/b26eec99196c1fefbd0e356427f2354bb624e854

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Apache Events promotion

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi Willem, do we must put Events in the footer?

We analyzed this problem at the time: if you put important content at the
bottom of the page, it will make people who pay attention to related
content have to pull the page to the bottom to find it.

So we chose to put it in the header part of the page, and put ASF-related
content Summarized in one column, it is more convenient and eye-catching;
if it is repeated in the footer, it will not be concise and repetitive. But
the key is that no matter where it is placed, we must have the content of
the ASF regulations.

This is the original intention of our design to make it more convenient for
those who visit

Thanks!

This is the InLong website format:
[image: image.png]

Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> 于2022年6月9日周四 10:04写道:

Re: Apache Events promotion

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Willem!

Re: Apache Events promotion

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi @Willem Jiang <ni...@apache.org>

For this problem, we first simply solve it [1], and the screen view is [2].

When dealing with this problem, we found that there are some problems in
the layout, content, and user experience of the project website, that need
to be better adjusted. We plan to solve them in the next revision.

Thanks again, @Willem Jiang <ni...@apache.org>!

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-inlong-website/pull/401/files
2.
[image: image.png]