Posted to sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/16 21:14:23 UTC

Re: 1.0 release at AC EU!!!

It would be real nice to have security and RM work out of the box with
Synapse 1.0. Lets work backwards:1st May - a 72 hour release vote for
Synapse  = 27 April, 27the April - 72 Hour release vote for Sandesha2  =
23rd April. Today is the 16th April so that leaves 6 days. Can Sandesha get
a release ready in 6 days? I've only just subscribed to the Sandesha mailing
lists so don't really know whats gong on but...do you guys think you'd have
a release ready by the 23rd of April?  I've some spare cycles but don't know
the Sandesha build at all, is there anything I could do to help?

   ...ant

Re: 1.0 release at AC EU!!!

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ant,

As Asnakha had mentioned we are moving the build from Maven1 to Maven2.
After this we will have to do a full testing cycle and do a RC.

If everything goes well we'll be able to do the RC soon after the Axis2
release and after a couple of days I hope to do the 1.2 release. If
everything goes well we will be able to finish it by 25th.

Chamikara

On 4/17/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be real nice to have security and RM work out of the box with
> Synapse 1.0. Lets work backwards:1st May - a 72 hour release vote for
> Synapse  = 27 April, 27the April - 72 Hour release vote for Sandesha2  =
> 23rd April. Today is the 16th April so that leaves 6 days. Can Sandesha get
> a release ready in 6 days? I've only just subscribed to the Sandesha mailing
> lists so don't really know whats gong on but...do you guys think you'd have
> a release ready by the 23rd of April?  I've some spare cycles but don't know
> the Sandesha build at all, is there anything I could do to help?
>
>    ...ant
>

> On 4/16/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > Rampart is generally ok and is being tested often, but not Sandesha2.
> > I've heard that they are also moving to Maven2 which would help us
> > integrate in an easier manner. I am also expecting them to start
> > publishing a 1.2-SNAPSHOT that will become the 1.2 release artifact
> > finally.
> >
> > So I am +1 to removing the Sandesha2 dependency from Synapse - but would
> > like to keep Rampart
> >
> > asankha
> >
> > Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > > I'd really like to do the Synapse 1.0 release at AC EU on May 1st or
> > > 2nd. I know its a push but  I think its worth it, and we've hung
> > > around a LONG time already. That should give us just enough time once
> > > Axis2 becomes solid.  My biggest concern is the sandesha and rampart
> > > dependencies (yeah I know Sanjiva suggested we remove those!!!).
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > > Paul

Chamikara Jayalath
WSO2 Inc.