Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Saumil Mehta <sa...@voltage.com> on 2006/01/10 11:26:03 UTC

t:aliasBean + f:actionListener

So I've been using the aliasBean tag for a little while with some
success, but the f:actionListener tag has tripped me up. I have a
commandlink in the "included page" that is nested in the <t:aliasBean>
tag. Ths commandLink already has an actionListener attribute defined,
and I need to use the f:actionListener tag to attach another to the
commandlink.

This is a problem because the <f:actionListener> barfs out on all EL
expressions for attribute "type" (forget aliasBean, it wont even take EL
for beans directly mapped in faces.config.xml). How can I rectify this?
Seems pretty strange that <f:actionListener> has to take a static string
as opposed to EL.

Note that the Javadoc for the f:actionListener tag includes the generic
"will take EL unless otherwise specified" after which the attribute
description for attribute "type" simply claims that the fully qualified
class name of the actionlistener is required.

Any ideas, clues, hacks?

-Saumil