Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2017/10/11 19:27:34 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Oakathon November 2017" by MattRyan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The "Oakathon November 2017" page has been changed by MattRyan:
https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Oakathon%20November%202017?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  = Topics/Discussions/Goals =
  || Title        || Summary                 || Effort                      || Participants                           ||
  ||Example||Describe what the topic is about. Is is mainly a discussion, implementing a feature, or a POC? Add links to further information and details.||The expected effort. 2h, 1d, full week, etc.||Add names of participants.||
+ ||Handling requests for blobs that aren't immediately available||Some cloud storage options, like AWS Glacier, offer the capability to store infrequently used data for a very low cost.  The tradeoff is that requests for data may take a long time - even hours or longer - before the data is accessible.  The purpose of the discussion will be to determine how to handle both the initial request and subsequent requests and how to help clients interact on such requests effectively.  Having someone familiar with Sling involved in the discussion would be useful as Sling's request model may also be affected.||2h||Matt Ryan||
+ ||Providing JCR node information at blob creation time||The JCR specification defines that values are created via 'ValueFactory.createBinary(stream)' (section 10.4.3.2).  This is carried forward into the DataStore interface, wherein the addRecord() method takes only an input stream and has no JCR node information related to the stream.  With the introduction of the CompositeDataStore into Oak, there are many interesting use cases that can potentially be supported if certain JCR node information (e.g. JCR path) is known when a binary is being created or accessed.  This discussion is around ways to support these types of use cases.||2h (discussion only), or 1-2d (if we do a prototype||Matt Ryan||

  = Agenda Proposal =