Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Spartanicus <sp...@ntlworld.ie> on 2006/11/06 15:09:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Perl via CGI vs mod_perl

Ref: local dev setup of Apache 2.0x and ActivePerl 5.x on W98SE.

I have Perl working via CGI, I wanted to use mod_perl to avoid the
alleged lag associated with CGI (I'm not sure that it matters on a dev
only machine, but anyway).

I followed the installation procedure for Windows, I used Randy Kobes'
script. I have mod_perl.so in c:\Apache2\modules, and mod_perl2.pm in
c:\Perl\site\lib.

In my httpd.conf I have:
LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

No errors on startup.

How can I test that Perl is now operating via mod_perl?

I thought that I should no longer load "mod_cgi.so" when trying to use
mod_perl, but when I comment it out I get the source code instead of the
script being executed.

--
Spartanicus

(email whitelist in use, non list-server mail will not be seen)