Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si> on 2013/02/22 12:03:57 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288

On 2/22/13 9:47 AM, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
> #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288
> ---------------------------+------------------------------------
>    Reporter:  olemis        |      Owner:  olemis
>        Type:  task          |     Status:  accepted
>   Component:  multiproduct  |    Version:
> Resolution:                |   Keywords:  environment testing QA
> ---------------------------+------------------------------------
>
> Comment (by olemis):
>
>   [...]
>
>   @jure : the only thing I'm missing to finish with wiki syntax test cases
>   is the translation of `attachment` table . Because of that reason TCs for
>   overlooked this once upon a time . That also means that we should review
>   once again the list of tables that have to be translated and spend some
>   time writing TCs for environment isolation hoping to detect any similar
>   situation ... needless to say the same holds for plugins .

Currently ticket, enum, component, milestone, version, permission and
wiki tables are translated.

I agree that the 'attachment' table should also be added to the list.
The 'system' table will be added as that's required by non-product aware
component upgrade process. I also noticed that 'ticket_change' and
'ticket_custom' tables are currently exluded from the translator and
should be added too.

jftr, the following tables (not accounting for the aforementioned
changes) are explicitly exluded from translation: system, auth_cookie,
session, session_attribute, cache, attachment, repository, revision,
node_change, ticket_change, ticket_custom, report, bloodhound_product,
bloodhound_productresourcemap, bloodhound_productconfig.

All other tables encountered are considered custom (plugin created) and
are translated accordingly (by pre-pending product prefix to table names).

A related question, is multiproduct.model.ProductResourceMap actually
used anywhere at the moment? Looking at the code it doesn't seem to be,
it only gets created with the schema and queried when removing a product...

Cheers,
Jure

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288

Posted by Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si>.
On 2/22/13 4:26 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 2/22/13, Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> On 2/22/13 9:47 AM, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
>>> #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288
> [...]
>> Currently ticket, enum, component, milestone, version, permission and
>> wiki tables are translated.
>>
>> I agree that the 'attachment' table should also be added to the list.
> +1
>
>> The 'system' table will be added as that's required by non-product aware
>> component upgrade process.
> am I missing something or u listed system in excluded tables list below ?

The exclude list does (did) not include the changes, so it reflects
state before the changes mentioned.

>> I also noticed that 'ticket_change' and
>> 'ticket_custom' tables are currently exluded from the translator and
>> should be added too.
>>
> Based on our previous discussion they should not given the fact that
> ticket ID is still global . In this case what is missing are the DB
> tables implementing product-specific ticket seq numbers

I think that 'ticket_change' and 'ticket_custom' should also be included
in the translator, just to keep things consistent and to prevent non
multi-product aware components running in product scope from accessing
data in other product scopes.

>> attachment,
> should be translated
>
>> repository, revision,
>> node_change,
> these are for the VCS . IMO repositories should be global and have
> «soft links» to products , thus allowing for reusing them in different
> product contexts . We might prefer the notion of per-product forks
> instead . So this is open for debate (in a separate thread / ticket
> ... please ;)

+1

>> ticket_change, ticket_custom,
> if ticket ID will be global then these are global as well , and
> additional ticket seq DB tables will be added ... otherwise they
> should be translated .

I will add those to the translate list for now as explained above.

>> report,
> should be translated

+1

To summarize, 'attachment', 'ticket_change', 'ticket_custom' and
'report' tables will be added to the translator list.

What we'll do with the 'system' table depends on discussions in other
thread (database upgrade etc.).

Cheers,
Jure

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 2/22/13, Jure Zitnik <ju...@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On 2/22/13 9:47 AM, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
>> #355: Run Trac test suite against product environments - after #115 #288
[...]
>> Comment (by olemis):
>>
>>   [...]
>>
>>   @jure : the only thing I'm missing to finish with wiki syntax test
>> cases
>>   is the translation of `attachment` table . Because of that reason TCs
>> for
>>   overlooked this once upon a time . That also means that we should
>> review
>>   once again the list of tables that have to be translated and spend some
>>   time writing TCs for environment isolation hoping to detect any similar
>>   situation ... needless to say the same holds for plugins .
>>

> Currently ticket, enum, component, milestone, version, permission and
> wiki tables are translated.
>
> I agree that the 'attachment' table should also be added to the list.

+1

> The 'system' table will be added as that's required by non-product aware
> component upgrade process.

am I missing something or u listed system in excluded tables list below ?

> I also noticed that 'ticket_change' and
> 'ticket_custom' tables are currently exluded from the translator and
> should be added too.

Based on our previous discussion they should not given the fact that
ticket ID is still global . In this case what is missing are the DB
tables implementing product-specific ticket seq numbers

> jftr, the following tables (not accounting for the aforementioned
> changes)

wrapping up ...

> are explicitly exluded from translation: system, auth_cookie,
> session, session_attribute, cache,

all this is global stuff

> attachment,

should be translated

> repository, revision,
> node_change,

these are for the VCS . IMO repositories should be global and have
«soft links» to products , thus allowing for reusing them in different
product contexts . We might prefer the notion of per-product forks
instead . So this is open for debate (in a separate thread / ticket
... please ;)

> ticket_change, ticket_custom,

if ticket ID will be global then these are global as well , and
additional ticket seq DB tables will be added ... otherwise they
should be translated .

> report,

should be translated

> bloodhound_product,
> bloodhound_productresourcemap, bloodhound_productconfig.

obviously global .

> All other tables encountered are considered custom (plugin created) and
> are translated accordingly (by pre-pending product prefix to table names).

good to know ... I guess I'll take a look into this and hack a little
in the next few days .
;)

Olemis.