Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Südkamp <mi...@docware.de> on 2005/04/26 13:35:12 UTC

Jk and IIS 6 slow (resent)

Hello,

I posted this question already a few days ago. Maybe this time I have more
luck with an answer ;-)

We have a problem with the IIS6/JK-connection on some of our Windows 2003
webservers (IIS 6).
Each request waits inside the JK connector for about 15 seconds until it is
forwarded to Tomcat.

I replaced our JK DLL with the recent version I found (1.2.10) and have the
same problem.
I set the JK log level to DEBUG and here are the two lines where the pause
occurs (notice the timestamp difference).

[Fri Apr 22 10:43:53 2005] [1276:1484] [debug]
HttpFilterProc::jk_isapi_plugin.c (842): [/examples/jsp] is a servlet url -
should redirect to ajp13
[Fri Apr 22 10:44:08 2005] [1276:1084] [debug]
wc_get_worker_for_name::jk_worker.c (94): found a worker ajp13

The strange thing is that other W2003 webservers we set up the same way have
not this problem. We are even sure that the problem webservers had not had
this problem some weeks ago.

Best regards

Michael

Re: Jk and IIS 6 slow (resent)

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
A few questions:

How many servers have this problem?

You say you have a different server set up the same way and it has no
problem, am I correct?

Did you apply any updates to the server?

Did you apply the same update to the server that is running OK?

Have you rebooted the server?

Has the load changed on the server?

How does the load compare between server with problem to server with no
problem?

Do you know exact day when problem started?

Are any events in the Windows logs that may apply? (errors or warnings)

Did you start getting any new events in any log that started the same time
the server became slow?

What does the processor time and memory look like for the processes?

I don't run this setup, but do work with windows servers. These are some of
the questions I would try to answer if I was having the problem.

Doug

AW: Jk and IIS 6 slow (resent)

Posted by Michael Südkamp <mi...@docware.de>.
Hello Mladen,

Checking again revealed that the IIS default website itself has become slow.
We hadn't noticed this before because we don't use the IIS for anything else
than for the Tomcat redirect. We have no idea what has happened to the
default web site. If we add a new one, it's fast again.

So sorry for blaming JK.

Michael

wil Tomcat stop request thread after a timeout?

Posted by Michael Südkamp <mi...@docware.de>.
Hello,

I wonder if Tomcat will stop a servlet execution thread after a certain
timeout (adjustable?)?

Michael

Re: Jk and IIS 6 slow (resent)

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.