Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/30 15:38:11 UTC

keyvalue size is too large, even though i am inserting 2.5MB

Hi i am trying to insert a row using put in to hbase table, i am inserting
an image by converting in to byte array at one column of a row. It is
throwing error, like keyvaue size is too large. i checked the default
client.keyvalue.max.size , it is 10MB, but i am inserting only 2.5 MB
image. i even checked the hbase.region.max.filesize , it is 256MB.

And one morething, is there any minimum size that we can set for both
region size and keyValue size?
can anybody help ?
--
*Regards*
*

Re: keyvalue size is too large, even though i am inserting 2.5MB

Posted by Evan <ev...@gmail.com>.
Did you ever figure out how to insert an image into Hbase?

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Is this the stacktrace you are seeing?

In HTable....

  // validate for well-formedness
  private void validatePut(final Put put) throws IllegalArgumentException{
    if (put.isEmpty()) {
      throw new IllegalArgumentException("No columns to insert");
    }
    if (maxKeyValueSize > 0) {
      for (List<KeyValue> list : put.getFamilyMap().values()) {
        for (KeyValue kv : list) {
          if (kv.getLength() > maxKeyValueSize) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("KeyValue size too large");
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }

This is the param you need to adjust...

    this.maxKeyValueSize = this.configuration.getInt(
"hbase.client.keyvalue.maxsize", -1);