Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de> on 2004/01/19 11:13:20 UTC

POLL #2: Open tasks

Are there still general things to be completed that are not restricted
to the 2.0 release, like
- finishing some features already present
- moving things around
- added targets to the build scripts

I'd propose to let them go into the HEAD before making a release branch.

Martin (Dulisch) do you plan to add any more targets to the Client build
script? Is it in a more or less stable state in the first case?

Oliver

Re: POLL #2: Open tasks

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
Done

Re: POLL #2: Open tasks

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.

Re: POLL #2: Open tasks

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.
Ingo Brunberg wrote:

>>>Yes, I wanted to add a 'package' target for the release. What is the
>>>timeline? Sorry if I have missed it in other postings.
>>
>>We are not in a hurry, I guess. My idea is to collect all global changes
>>and then make the branch. I wanted to branch this week if possible or
>>the next if needed...
>>

>>>The state of what do you mean?
>>>- build script: I tested it on Mac and Windows
>>>- client lib with patch from Ingo: still testing it, but no problems yet
>>>
>>>I can only speak for the client lib, not command line. Should we make the
>>>release without the command line client?
>>
>>I thougt Mike Oliver and Ingo wanted to take care of it. So, Mike, Ingo
>>is the command line client ready for a release?
>

> Right, we already agreed to include it. And I would say that it's
> ready for a release (knowing that we have enough time till the final
> release to fix bugs that might be showing up).

Good.

> A trifle to think about: Before separating the client part, the
> generated jars included the Manifest from src/etc. Do we need to use
> it for some legal reasons, does it need to be updated? I would at
> least like to see the sealed statement removed as that had bitten me
> for some time, because WebStart could not handle it.

I have no idea. I did not even know it was done this way. I have seen
all other Jakarta libs we use in Slide also have some sort of similar
manifest, so guess we should keep it. Besides, I see no reason why to
keep the sealed thing...

Oliver

Re: POLL #2: Open tasks

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
> Martin Dulisch wrote:
>
> >>From: Oliver Zeigermann [mailto:ozeigermann@c1-fse.de]
> >>
> >>Are there still general things to be completed that are not
> >>restricted
> >>to the 2.0 release, like
> >>- finishing some features already present
> >>- moving things around
> >>- added targets to the build scripts
> >>
> >>I'd propose to let them go into the HEAD before making a
> >>release branch.
> >>
> >>Martin (Dulisch) do you plan to add any more targets to the
> >>Client build
> >>script? Is it in a more or less stable state in the first case?
> >>

> > Yes, I wanted to add a 'package' target for the release. What is the
> > timeline? Sorry if I have missed it in other postings.
>
> We are not in a hurry, I guess. My idea is to collect all global changes
> and then make the branch. I wanted to branch this week if possible or
> the next if needed...
>
> > The state of what do you mean?
> > - build script: I tested it on Mac and Windows
> > - client lib with patch from Ingo: still testing it, but no problems yet
> >
> > I can only speak for the client lib, not command line. Should we make the
> > release without the command line client?
>
> I thougt Mike Oliver and Ingo wanted to take care of it. So, Mike, Ingo
> is the command line client ready for a release?

Right, we already agreed to include it. And I would say that it's
ready for a release (knowing that we have enough time till the final
release to fix bugs that might be showing up).

A trifle to think about: Before separating the client part, the
generated jars included the Manifest from src/etc. Do we need to use
it for some legal reasons, does it need to be updated? I would at
least like to see the sealed statement removed as that had bitten me
for some time, because WebStart could not handle it.

Ingo

Re: POLL #2: Open tasks

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de>.

RE: POLL #2: Open tasks

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@s-und-n.de>.
> From: Oliver Zeigermann [mailto:ozeigermann@c1-fse.de]
>
> Are there still general things to be completed that are not
> restricted
> to the 2.0 release, like
> - finishing some features already present
> - moving things around
> - added targets to the build scripts
>
> I'd propose to let them go into the HEAD before making a
> release branch.
>
> Martin (Dulisch) do you plan to add any more targets to the
> Client build
> script? Is it in a more or less stable state in the first case?

Yes, I wanted to add a 'package' target for the release. What is the
timeline? Sorry if I have missed it in other postings.

The state of what do you mean?
- build script: I tested it on Mac and Windows
- client lib with patch from Ingo: still testing it, but no problems yet

I can only speak for the client lib, not command line. Should we make the
release without the command line client?

Martin