Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/31 07:31:26 UTC

hadoop and local options

Currently Even with the local option set, I am able to see many submit_file
and job.jar and job.xml

Is'nt this supposed to be used by the task tracker?

So having a local option should not be creating these files.

I am repeating the same question which i had in my previous mail

Does the same machine run as the job tracker and task tracker when
configured locally?

Is not map  and reduce separate from job tracker and task tracker. Are they
related?

I thought map and reduce will be effective on a single machine where
multiple processors work on the processing and reducing stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds
Prabhu