Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/30 23:18:13 UTC

Master Slave set up in Solr Cloud

Hi All,

As I previously reported due to no overlap in terms of the documets in the
SolrCloud replicas of the index shards , I have turned off the replication
and basically have there shards with a replication factor of 1.

It obviously seems will not be scalable due to the fact that the same core
will be indexed and queried at the same time as this is a long running
indexing task.

My questions is what options do I have to set up the replicas of the single
per shard core outside of the SolrCloud replication factor mechanism
because that does not seem to work for me ?

Thanks.

Re: Master Slave set up in Solr Cloud

Posted by "Meraj A. Khan" <me...@gmail.com>.
Eirck,

I meant having a replication factor of 1 in SolrCloud would not be
scalable, I ended up using a replication factor of 1 , because of the
disjoint replicas issue for replication factor greater than 1 , that I
mentioned previously in the other email thread.

Are you saying that a SolrCloud cluster with a replication factor of 1
would be performant as well ? I had read in SolrCloud documentation
that the required number of replicas is directly proportional to the
number of queries(concurrent).

Thanks

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com>.