Posted to users@maven.apache.org by JeremieB <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/15 09:15:11 UTC

Re: Issue with assembly plugin executions and phase binding (prepare-package)

In fact, my solution does not work at all ...

My package is correctly generated with wanted files generated by antrun
inside of it, but I believe as I use goal "assembly" instead of "single",
the related tar.gz is not attached and so not deployed.

I see the following logs :
"[WARNING] Removing: assembly from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation"

So it's not usable, as I want this file to be deployed as it was.

Is there any way to achieve the following order of operations in a pom ? :
- assembly:directory-single to generate a folder
- antrun:run to generate checksums against it
- assembly:single to package final tar.gz archive

I don't want to achieve this in multiple modules, as it is supposed to keep
simple and to become the default for our module archetypes ... But it seems
impossible to put something else between two assembly executions.

Re: Issue with assembly plugin executions and phase binding (prepare-package)

Posted by JeremieB <je...@gmail.com>.
SOLVED

Ok I understood my mistake ... The error was normal, as it was bound to a
phase before package, my assembly wasn't able to found the jar file
generated during ... package. So the error, not related to directory-single.

So I could simply remove the error by doing the following bindings in this
order :
- jar:jar bound to prepare-package
- antrun:run bound to package
- assembly:directory-single bound to prepare-package
- assembly:single bound to package

So when launching "mvn package", everything is generated at the right time
and in the right place :)
The result, of course, is a bit convoluted and complex... :/ And I hope that
binding "jar" to another phase will not have unexpected side-effects.