Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Cameron Hickey <ca...@panoramatos.com> on 2003/08/20 15:01:56 UTC

UPDATE multiple rows at once

I cannot find any reference to doing this on the torque website...

What would be the proper torque criteria and method to use to excecute a
query like this?

<sql>
UPDATE Item SET Category='null' WHERE Category='somecategory'
</sql>

Right now, my application is breaking when I delete a row (somecategory)
which is a reference to an FK in another table (Item).  I don't want to
implement some form of referential integrity because the Items should
not be deleted just because the Category they were associated with was
deleted.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Cameron