Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/02 19:26:18 UTC

Re: transports cannot be built..

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 13:11, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
>> BTW, do we have a continuous integration or nightly build set up? If yes,
>> where can I check the status?
>
> Well its on the way.. expect this in the next week or two..

Has there been progress on the continuous integration?

Andreas

Re: Issue with unit test..

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Andreas
> There are actually three issues with the HTTP tests:
>
> 1. The "no increase in bytes sent" problem. No indication yet what
> could cause this.
> 2. Sporadic test failures. These are known for quite some time and are
> related to a bug in the transport. See [1].
> 3. A systematic failure in one of the REST test cases. This is a
> regression caused by the upgrade to httpcore 4.0-beta3. See
> SYNAPSE-479 for more details.
>
> Note that the symptoms of problems 2 and 3 are quite similar.

Thanks.. I will take a close look at the possible causes..

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: Issue with unit test..

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/qk2pccvcnp26divx

Re: Issue with unit test..

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Andreas

Re: Issue with unit test..

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Issue with unit test..

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
The assertion can only be reached after the message has been received
by the endpoint. The weird thing is that the assertion just before
checks that the messagesSent metric has increased and that check
doesn't fail. I tried yesterday to figure out what could cause that
behavior, but I don't have a clue yet.

The testkit actually records a large amount of debugging information.
That information should be accessible in Hudson's workspace, but since
I don't have an account, I can't access it. I was planning to modify

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Andreas

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Andreas
> There is an interesting random failure in the HTTP NIO test cases:
>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: No increase in bytes sent
>
> This would mean that the transport sender in some cases doesn't update
> the metrics correctly. Any idea?

I noticed this too.. let me try to see whats happening, ..
> Makes sense, except that if a change in Axis2 breaks something in
> Synapse, you could more easily locate the problem if Axis2 is also
> built by Hudson.

Yep.. but still as we use Axis2 as a library, we will still find any
problems within a period of 6 hours (~ 12 at most) since Dims has a cron
building Axis2 and deploying the snapshots to M2 SNAPSHOT repo

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: transports cannot be built..

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 13:45, Asankha <as...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ok.. we've got Synapse building on Hudson now, running every 6 hours, or on
> detection of  a change in the codebase:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Synapse%20-%20Trunk/

Cool!

Posted by Asankha Perera <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Dims

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Asankha,
>
> I have a cron that updates maven snapshot repository with the following.
>
> xmlschema
> axiom
> neethi
> transport
> axis2
> woden
> rampart
> sandesha

Thanks.. Thats great :-) !

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: transports cannot be built..

Posted by Asankha Perera <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Dims

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: transports cannot be built..

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Asankha,

I have a cron that updates maven snapshot repository with the following.

xmlschema
axiom
neethi
transport