Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/01/21 19:53:18 UTC

My Negative Vote

What is avalon-extension? AFAIK, 'extension' is Merlin specific and should be
under the Merlin category, possible together with a 'facilities', and not
have the merlin-http and merlin-jmx.

And an avalon-sandbox could be useful as well, no?

Niclas

Re: My Negative Vote

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 21 January 2004 10:53, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> What is avalon-extension? AFAIK, 'extension' is Merlin specific and should
> be under the Merlin category, possible together with a 'facilities', and
> not have the merlin-http and merlin-jmx.
>
> And an avalon-sandbox could be useful as well, no?

One more thing;  Users typically don't have a clue where a problem is, so
unless you can enter issues under the "group" we would need some "General"
categories as well.

Niclas

Re: My Negative Vote

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
The "extension" package deals with java optional extensions (nothing
specific to Merlin).  This is needed when building URL classloaders in
accordance with Sun's specifications concerning extension dependencies.
  Under the repository package we have put in place a framework that
seperates out classloader construction but that framework does not
currently provide any support for extension handling. To resolve this we
need to move the extensions package to a level that can be used by both
avalon-repository and the composition package.

Stephen.