Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2011/12/13 17:59:05 UTC

hbaseblog content

Does anyone have access to the content that was posted a while back to hbaseblog.com? I'd like to recover it and put it up on the wiki.

I'm also checking to see if we saved something internally...

Best regards,

   - Andy

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Mingjie Lai <ml...@apache.org> wrote:

>> The high-level overview and some usage was up on hbaseblog (Mingjie,
>> do you have the original content?  Perhaps we could rehydrate your
>> articles as content in hbase book?)
>

> I have an offline version, and can recover it back with the latest changes
> to apache hbase blog.

That's be sweet Mingjie.  Thanks boss.

St.Ack

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Mingjie Lai <ml...@apache.org>.
> The high-level overview and some usage was up on hbaseblog (Mingjie,
> do you have the original content?  Perhaps we could rehydrate your
> articles as content in hbase book?)

I have an offline version, and can recover it back with the latest
changes to apache hbase blog.

>>   shouldn't development document, architecture design be in the
>> wiki/official hbase site instead of pointers to external blog, or in JIRA?
>
> Yes.
>
> IIRC, it was done as wiki article before it was committed to code-base.

For CP, it's not exactly to wiki. I used to write the details to the
package-info.java. Thanks for the reminder and we also need to keep the
package file update with the latest changes. Will open jira for it.

Thanks,
Mingjie

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
Yes that is for security but coprocessors need documentation too. Blog posting isn't going to cut it.

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Mikael Sitruk <mi...@gmail.com>.

--
Mikael.S

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Mikael Sitruk <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also saw the hbaseblog.com  referenced in JIRA, especially when I was
> looking for coprocessor documentation/design and was unable to find
> something.
> So first is there an "official" place to get coprocessor documentation
> (design, usage)?

The 'design' is up in the JIRAs.

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Mikael Sitruk <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

I also saw the hbaseblog.com  referenced in JIRA, especially when I was
looking for coprocessor documentation/design and was unable to find
something.
So first is there an "official" place to get coprocessor documentation
(design, usage)?

Generally (and please do not understand me wrong - I'm not criticizing
anyone) shouldn't development document, architecture design be in the
wiki/official hbase site instead of pointers to external blog, or in JIRA?
(Of course the Hbase book tries to answer this at some extends, but it is
only for official release not under development ones. Second this is a
reference guide and not a developer guide.)

Last, don't you think that there should be different documentation pages
for different version of HBase, like it is done for hadoop, or pig?

Regards,
Mikael.S

--
Mikael.S

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jon.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Li Pi <li...@idle.li>.
Once I get off my ass I'll finish up the blog post about the SlabCache soon.

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
One of the project committers just needs to file an INFRA jira and a list of folks that have rights to it.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: hbaseblog content

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Has a blog hosted at blogs.apache.org been considered  for HBase?  Each
projects can have its own blog hosted there and we don't have to worry
about this particular situation in the future.  The original domain could
forward to it...

Here are some for project's I've been involved with before.

http://blogs.apache.org/flume/
http://blogs.apache.org/sqoop/

Jon.

--