Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by savageboy <ei...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/09 08:27:02 UTC

Fetches the hits very slow (when the date sorting) !

Hello everyone,
I have made a search project by use of Lucene2.0
But when I use date sorting, the server is running very slow for the result
getting(about 3 sec but I dont sort the results the time of it is about
0.019 sec, there are 110000 results to be hit).

document.add(new Field(docFieldName, StringUtils.defaultIfEmpty(contentStr,
""), storeFlag , tokenizeFlag));

storeFlag is true
tokenizeFlag is false

so it means the Field dateTime should be stored and be not tokenized!

If you have some idea about this issue I met, plz let me know!
Thanks a lot and best Regards!

Re: Fetches the hits very slow (when the date sorting) !

Posted by savageboy <ei...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, I found it is because the index-files are bad, it is not because of the
time-resolution( my resolution is yyyy-MM-ddHH:mm:ss, as I work for a
newspaper group-company, so the time of news pulishing must be more accurate
than normal use!)
But now the time sorting is alright!
I can sorting the 110000 results by time in 0.02 secends!
Thank you for your response!

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.