Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2015/07/06 09:56:56 UTC

Apache Con Bigdata Budapest

Hi,

I plan to attend the ApacheCon Europe Big Data in Budapest and would like to give either a tutorial // bigtop install session or at least a BoF session. What do you think, anyone else supporting this? Or anyone else already submitted a talk already ?

Olaf

Re: Apache Con Bigdata Budapest

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
I agree as well.
Bigtop is a microcosm of the ASF so they can leverage a lot of our stuff .
I'd also spend time explaining how bigtop packages  Java apps to give a context for the whole thing if time permits; as I'm sure many ASF projects need to do something similar

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 12:56 AM, Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to attend the ApacheCon Europe Big Data in Budapest and would like to
> give either a tutorial // bigtop install session or at least a BoF session.
> What do you think, anyone else supporting this? Or anyone else already submitted a talk already ?

I think this an an wesome idea and I think you should submit
this to Bigdata side of the conference ASAP. You'll get my +1
vote for the tutorial -- that's for sure!

As for BoF -- we should do it regardless of the tutorial. I'll
be more than willing to help with BoF.

Thanks,
Roman.

RE: Apache Con Bigdata Budapest

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.
I submitted several talks for the group for "Apache Core", hope is some/all
will get accepted and can have a pseudo group track.  Originally feedback
from the ASF folk were for bigtop to submit against core track, but guess
couldn't hurt to also get submission in against the big data one as well.

Either way Olaf, definitely will need your help in any/all of the talks that
we get submitted.  Right now you, and one other from the group are confirmed
will be going, several others (including myself), up in the air right now
with other work/life scheduling to figure out.

Depending on how talk submissions go should also plan a get together/bof
while people are there for bigtoppers and related project folkal like we did
in Austin.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.