Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mads Henderson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/05 15:34:12 UTC

Clientside statesaving and linkDummyForm

Hi,

We are using client side state saving and are having some problems
with the amount of data sent to the client.

It appears that all forms on the page contains a hidden input field
containing the (same) object representing the state. One form
linkDummyForm is always present, and then of course also the forms we
declare in the jsp pages.

It seems unnecessary to have the same information in all forms, is
there a way to avoid that?

Is there a way for me, in the cases where I need to declare a form for
some input fields, to make use of the linkDummyForm that is generated,
in order to avoid duplicating the state object all over the generated
html?

Thanks
Mads

Re: Clientside statesaving and linkDummyForm

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Mads Henderson schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> We are using client side state saving and are having some problems
> with the amount of data sent to the client.
>
> It appears that all forms on the page contains a hidden input field
> containing the (same) object representing the state. One form
> linkDummyForm is always present, and then of course also the forms we
> declare in the jsp pages.
>
> It seems unnecessary to have the same information in all forms, is
> there a way to avoid that?

For client side state saving, no there is no way, I can recommend to
move to server side state saving for various reasons.
One being the burden client side state saving causes onto the network,
the browser and the server.

> Is there a way for me, in the cases where I need to declare a form for
> some input fields, to make use of the linkDummyForm that is generated,
> in order to avoid duplicating the state object all over the generated
> html?

Not directly. (you always can find ways to bypass everything)

Re: Clientside statesaving and linkDummyForm

Posted by Joey Geiger <jo...@staff.onmilwaukee.com>.
I was running into the same issue. I switched to server side state
saving, since I think the
issues with the back button have been fixed(?).

Another option would be to have one large form surround every page, but
I don't know how
correct that is. It would also make validation an issue.