Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by javaworkinggirl <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/10 17:54:49 UTC

FIQL with objects containing Collection

Hi.  I have an object that contains a Collection.  What is the FIQL syntax to
filter on values in the Collection?

I have tried:
 'features==3' returns nothing even though the list does contain
FeatureEntitlements that have 3 in the Collection of features
'features=gt=3' incorrectly returns every FeatureEntitlement

public class FeatureEntitlement implements Serializable
{
   private String divisionId;
   private String accountNumber;
   private Collection<Integer> features;
   private Date lastModified;
   private Integer expiry;
. . .
}

Re: FIQL with objects containing Collection

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Sorry for a delay.

As far as dealing with the collections is concerned what is generally
supported is finding an element with the collections containing some
matching values, for example, the following test was contributed to CXF
recently:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/rt/rs/extensions/search/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/ext/search/fiql/FiqlCollectionsTest.java

Checking the collection size is only apparently tested when a JPA
Visitor is used:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/rt/rs/extensions/search/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/ext/search/fiql/FiqlCollectionsTest.java

There are 4+ tests there with either explicit or implicit 'count'
extension used.

I've checked the code and it does appear that it should be supported
generically too, so try

.count(features)

Cheers, Sergey