Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francisco José Arnau Vives <fr...@intercontrol.es> on 2003/03/25 12:11:18 UTC

Memory allocations with java & TomCat

Dear users: I usually run tomcat over a linux machine. I need improve my
normal memory requirements because I generate very large reports.
I use in the initialization script 'export JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx1024m' and I solve
most of the problems in Linux.
The problem that I have now is that I have installed TomCat over a Windows
Machine as service and I don't know how can provide more memory requirements
to the java environment. Can anybody help me?

Re: Memory allocations with java & TomCat

Posted by Mark Pease <mp...@chartermi.net>.
If you are using the Windows service, this link gives you all the
information you need to know:
http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/documentation.html

Specifically, you add your JAVA_OPTS to the 'JVM Option Number n' registry
settings, then make sure that you change 'JVM Option Count ' to reflect the
number of options you will then have.

Good luck!
Mark

Posted by Peter Lin <tc...@yahoo.com>.
what kind of processes are you doing that requires
setting  your heap to 1gig RAM?

If you're generating reports, I hope your handling it
in streams and not reading the whole thing in at once.
You can use the same heap setting on windows, but I'm
not sure I understand your question to the list.

Are you looking for ways to improve windows memory
usage or VM memory?

peter

--- Francisco_Jos�_Arnau_Vives