Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerry M <te...@malcolms.com> on 2008/05/10 20:33:42 UTC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache jSPF 0.9.6 released

Norman,

Just wanted to let you know that I got the SPF mailet working.  Thanks
for providing this and for all the help.

But one more question... is there a matcher that can easily process the
spf result header put into the message by the mailet?  I can write one.
But I don't want to reinvent the wheel.  Seems that the SPF mailet by
itself is pretty much an academic exercise if there is nothing to
process the 'pass', 'fail', etc. results of the SPF mailet in the James
processor flow.  Am I missing something?  Or do I just need to get busy
and write the matcher?

Thanks.

Jerry

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Jerry M ha scritto:
> Norman,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that I got the SPF mailet working.  Thanks
> for providing this and for all the help.
> But one more question... is there a matcher that can easily process the
> spf result header put into the message by the mailet?  I can write one.
> But I don't want to reinvent the wheel.  Seems that the SPF mailet by
> itself is pretty much an academic exercise if there is nothing to
> process the 'pass', 'fail', etc. results of the SPF mailet in the James
> processor flow.  Am I missing something?  Or do I just need to get busy
> and write the matcher?

Hi Jerry,

Yes, the SPF mailet was an "academic exercise". The whole jSPF library
is mainly an academic exercise even if we use it in some dev codebase,
but we thought it was useful to publish what we did anyway.
Yes, I think you will have to write the matcher.
Please submit your work to JIRA once it works ;-)

Stefano