Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by pwozniak <pw...@man.poznan.pl> on 2019/06/25 09:37:39 UTC

commit_log way bigger than allowed

Hi,

I have cluster of three Cassandra (v.2.1) machines. On one of the
machines files with commit logs filled up all available disk space (50 GB).

I haven't change 'commitlog_total_space_in_mb', so as far as I know It
shouldn't take more that 8GB of disc space.

I also haven't found any suspicious messages in log file and our cluster
was not hammered by huge amount of requests lately.

This machine (cassandra process) is not able to boot up now (it crashes
while replaying commit_log)

1. How can I find out what happened?

2. Can I just delete all commit_logs, restart machine and run repair to
have consistent data?

3. Maybe I can delete just part of the commit_log files so Cassandra
will be able to boot and clean (flush) all commit_log files?

Regards,

Pawel

Re: commit_log way bigger than allowed

Posted by Nitan Kainth <ni...@gmail.com>.
You can delete commitlogs and start the node. But run repair on that node to sync any data mismatch.

Regards,
Nitan
Cell: 510 449 9629