Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Uday Subbarayan <ud...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/16 02:24:24 UTC

Usecase: DB Sharding

Hey Guys,
      Any one used ZK for Database sharding? I am thinking something like this-
-DB shard info is kept in ZK
-Application makes the call to ZK first to get the shard info (which database server has what data)
-Then application connects to right DB for accessing data.
-Any shard change is communicated to the app with ZK watch.

I see that Rackspace use case  and just checking the community for anyone done it...

Thanks,
-Uday.

Re: Usecase: DB Sharding

Posted by Uday Subbarayan <ud...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Mahadev.

Best,
-Uday.

-------------------------
I do not blog but e-write:
http://uds-web.blogspot.com

________________________________
I am not sure if Solr/Lucene has the implementation part done or thats just the design doc.

Also,
http://katta.sourceforge.net/documentation/how-katta-works

thanks
mahadev

Re: Usecase: DB Sharding

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
This might be of some help:

Re: Usecase: DB Sharding

Posted by Uday Subbarayan <ud...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Ady. It's helpful and I am not the only one thinking about it.

Best,
-Uday.

-------------------------
I do not blog but e-write:
http://uds-web.blogspot.com

We define all database information in xml files and put them into zookeeper
with protocol buffers format.

The clients get some configurations which using by business and build
datasource  dynamically.
Also the clients watch the node in zookeeper and rebuild datasource while
the necessary node has changed.

在 2011年9月16日星期五,Uday Subbarayan 写道:

Re: Usecase: DB Sharding

Posted by Ady Lau <im...@gmail.com>.