Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/09/09 13:21:51 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Doesn't addressing classes come bundled with axis2-0.91.jar?

IMO: axis2.jar should only contain core, xml, wsdl, common and
addressing.

(The tool jar doesn't play into the runtime right now, right?)

Sanjiva.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 9/10/05, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > it might also be worth considering using uberjar and jarjar to create
> > an absolutely standard release jar contain all dependencies.
> > (axis2-standard.jar, say.)
>
> If I understand your meaning correctly, I'd think "complete" would be
> better than "standard" for that, but we can work out all the naming
> issues as we move forward.  For now we should decide if indeed we want
> something like jar styles, and get the framework implemented in the
> maven project files.

+1

- robert

Re: [Axis2] Doesn't addressing classes come bundled with axis2-0.91.jar?

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Robert!

> (without wanting to ignite naming wars) modes sounds like a very cool
> idea but it may be confusing for users if they are all called
> axis2.jar.

+1

> for example, it might be worth considering whether building with
> 'axis.jarstyle=compact' should create 'axis2-compact.jar'.

Also +1.  I think we should decide on the standard set of stuff that is
the default build, and make that "axis2.jar", then make the other styles
named appropriately "axis2-compact.jar", "axis2-jaxws.jar", etc

> it might also be worth considering using uberjar and jarjar to create
> an absolutely standard release jar contain all dependencies.
> (axis2-standard.jar, say.)

If I understand your meaning correctly, I'd think "complete" would be
better than "standard" for that, but we can work out all the naming
issues as we move forward.  For now we should decide if indeed we want
something like jar styles, and get the framework implemented in the
maven project files.

--Glen

Re: [Axis2] Doesn't addressing classes come bundled with axis2-0.91.jar?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Is the axis2.jar intended to be minimal, for client use and such? If so,
it seems like wsdl should be left out, too.

  - Dennis