Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vernon A Webb <Ve...@net-nation.com> on 2002/01/16 14:16:01 UTC

MySQL - skip-show-database

I'm sorry I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but when I
post to the MySQL newsgroup I always get the feeling I'm
bothering people, most likely because I get ignored so
much. But in any event,  I've figured out that I need to
use the skip-show-database option which I have added to the
my.cnf file under [mysqld].

When I do this now and log in as any user, other than root,
I get access denied. What I want is to be able to have only
those databases that belong to those I GRANT ALL PRILILEGES
to to be able to see their own databases and not everyone
else's.

Any ideas?