Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Abossolo Foh Guy <gu...@scientificware.com> on 2020/04/27 11:20:04 UTC

NetBeans utf-8

Hi,

In ant projects we can set source encoding to utf-8

With gradle projects we can't.

What is the source encoding format used by Netbeans ?

Compile and app works fine, except all french accent disppear when we
use System.out.printl :

"Without any Gradle option :
Cette URL, donn�e par l'�l�ment img, n'est pas valide !URL must not be
empty"

With Gradle option :  compileJava.options.encoding = 'UTF-8'
"Cette URL, donn?e par l'?l?ment img, n'est pas valide !URL must not be
empty"

instead of

"Cette URL, donnée par l'élément img, n'est pas valide !URL must not be
empty"

Is it related to NETBEANS-2526 [1] ?

regards.

Links:
------
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2526

RE: NetBeans utf-8

Posted by Louis Collet <lo...@skynet.be>.
Maybe adding :

-J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

To your netbeans.conf ?

In ant projects we can set source encoding to utf-8

With gradle projects we can't.

What is the source encoding format used by Netbeans ?

Compile and app works fine, except all french accent disppear when we use System.out.printl :

"Without any Gradle option :
Cette URL, donn�e par l'�l�ment img, n'est pas valide !URL must not be empty"

With Gradle option :  compileJava.options.encoding = 'UTF-8'
"Cette URL, donn?e par l'?l?ment img, n'est pas valide !URL must not be empty"

instead of

"Cette URL, donnée par l'élément img, n'est pas valide !URL must not be empty"

Is it related to NETBEANS-2526 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2526>  ?

regards.