Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jaga_india <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/22 07:19:42 UTC

Re: Upgrade Lucene to latest version (4.0) from 2.4.0

Hi Sai,

hopes you have successfully migrated to 4.0

we also migrating from 2.4 to 4.10, but after updating to 4.10 it is taking
more time than 2.4.
I have posted a query , below is the link... help me.

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Multiple-CFS-files-are-generated-in-lucene-4-10-2-td4176336.html

RE: Upgrade Lucene to latest version (4.0) from 2.4.0

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

why do you try to configure the IndexWriter with outdated merge policies and lots of custom settings for buffering? I would start without any such settings and use IndexWriter with plain default settings. If I hit issues, then it may be useful to change merging and buffering settings. It looks like you prevented IndexWriter from merging at all. This of course would make queries slow, because you have way too many index segments (CFS files).

If you upgrade from very old Lucene versions, it is wise to remove any customizations and start with plain default settings.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen