Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru> on 2020/05/15 18:08:11 UTC

Shiro backdoor

Hi all,

I have a a system, that can be accessed by web interface (http servlet) and
by CLI.

In my application I have a superuser with loginname and password. When
someone wants to use system by web as a superuser he must
provide superuser loginname and password. This case Shiro web filter is
used and everything is ok →I have subject.login(...), subject.logout() etc.
So, everything is clear here.

However, when someone uses application by CLI he needs towork as superuser
without providing loginname and password (by CLI it is possible to reset superuser
loginname and password). So, I need to log superuser in without loginname and
password. Could anyone say how it can be done in Shiro? I mean I have a User
object and I need to authenticate it in shiro without loginname and password.

Best regards, Alex

Re: Shiro backdoor

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@gmail.com>.
Yes exactly. You should replace "no authentication" with "hidden
authentication".
For example:
You can use a second realm for this which knows the public part of the
certificate. The client could be configured to automatically pass the
corresponding private certificate.

Re: Shiro backdoor

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
That’s really dangerous.